Legal Assistance to Members
The Minnesota Pork Producers Association provides legal assistance to its members of up to $20,000 or 50% of the cost of the action, whichever is less. Only cases that are precedent setting for all farms, will be eligible for funding. General farm legal cost and legal actions between pig farmers are not eligible. There are also yearly and multiple year limits on assistance to any individual farm and only participants in the Strategic Investment Program are eligible to apply for funds.
It has been a strategy of activist groups to pursue legal action again pig farmers when their efforts at the ballot box or legislature do not work. The MPPA Board will continue to evaluate cases and provide support where warranted.
To submit a case or for more information contact David Preisler, MPPA CEO, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1800-537-7675
- Two tickets to Taste of Elegance
- Free admission to Pork Congress
- Free admission and parking at World Pork Expo
- Regular updates on state and national legislative and regulatory issues
- A voice in policy developments important to your farm and business
- Participate in the Minnesota Pork Producers Association board elections and resolution